What is Healing Hearts?
The Healing Hearts Process At A Glance
- Browse the Orange County Animal Services kennels to find your new family member.
- Heartworm positive dogs selected to participate in the Healing Hearts program are noted with an official sponsorship sign placed on their kennel.
- The dog is adopted and leaves the shelter to their new forever home!
- A Healing Hearts representative will contact the family to set up treatment.
- Treatment is provided by a network of preselected Central Florida veterinary offices.
- Treatment is paid for by Healing Hearts. You just provide the tender, loving, care, and love your new family member back to health.
- Once the dog has completed treatment, continue with monthly preventative to ensure your dog remains heartworm-free for life.
What is Heartworm Disease?
For more information about heartworm disease and prevention visit American Heartworm Society.
The Orange County Animal Services Advisory Board meets monthly, and we encourage you to attend to ask questions and raise concerns. You can find the schedule of meetings HERE.